Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!

From:
Kang-min Liu
Date:
May 24, 2021 14:09
Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!
Message ID:
m235uccjgx.fsf@gugod.org

Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> writes:
> I think people in the world are aware that Perl.com is used for official
> announcements.

I doubt this would actually be the case -- although such speculation
(whether perl.com is the official channel) cannot be confirmed without
doing a round of questionares.

Well... if we search just "perl" with both Google and Duckduckgo,
perl.org is at the top of the result and perl.com seems to be a bit
further down.

Bing gives me very different result somehow -- neither perl.org nor
perl.com shows up at the front.

This "indirect evidence" probably suggest that the site perl.org is
"more official". At least some search engine had learned it this way.
(This *is* correct since perl.com was owned by O'Reilly and latter
changed hands a few times.)

It's probably natural that people also learn that perl.org is "the
website of Perl language" but not perl.com.