Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!

From:
Yuki Kimoto
Date:
May 24, 2021 06:00
Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!
Message ID:
CAExogxOik55DGcbagHkczyo9TN0bredW2ULeyT9xaZhyftACkw@mail.gmail.com
2021-5-24 9:57 Kang-min Liu <gugod@gugod.org>:

> Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> writes:
> > Will there be an official Perl 5.34 release article on Perl.com?
> >
> > I feel that it is necessary to explain the summary of new features of
> Perl
> > 5.34 such as experimental try catch and its relevance to Perl 7.
>
> I couldn't recall the last time (if any) when perl.com published an
> article about new releases of perl. Although that's probably not a bad
> idea.
>
> However, the group of writers might not be monitoring this p5p mailing
> list. If you would like to see that happen, perhaps it's easier to visit
> their github repo: https://github.com/tpf/perldotcom
>
> --

Personally, I think the official announcement of the release of the new
Perl version to the outside world is very important.

I think people in the world are aware that Perl.com is used for official
announcements.

I would like to see the official announcement article which Perl core
team create in Perl.com.