Re: undoing breakage of perl-compatibility (removal of auto-deref)

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 23, 2021 15:55
Re: undoing breakage of perl-compatibility (removal of auto-deref)
Message ID:
72097a15-8d8a-43f4-baed-1fa63e0fff68@beta.fastmail.com
On Sat, May 22, 2021, at 5:41 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
> [...]

I don't know what you want from me, here.

auto-dereference was removed five years ago after two years issuing warnings on use.  It is not coming back as long as I have anything to say about it.  It was heavily discussed at the time of its experimental status being added and its subsequent removal.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to make the reasoning for this clear or convincing to you, but I do not intend to spend more time on defending a decision made five years ago.

--
rjbs