Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 21, 2021 02:39
Re: Perl 5.34.0 is now available!
Message ID:
0ab19376-1797-44ad-9afd-82867372fd57@beta.fastmail.com
On Thu, May 20, 2021, at 4:14 PM, Sawyer X wrote:
> We are thrilled to announce perl v5.34.0, the first stable release of version 34 of Perl 5.

Thanks very much for this, Sawyer, and for all the hard work you've put into the project.  And on a very specific note, thank you for leaving blead in a very good state for releasing v5.35.0.  The dot-zero releases are the ones most full of tedious edge cases, because they happen only twice a year, and are nearly alway both done by the same person within a few hours.  I hadn't done one in years, and it was really nice to find that you'd done a lot of the junk work for me.  I appreciated it.

If you come back to do another release of perl sometime, I will try to make sure things are in nice shape for *you*.

--
rjbs