perl 5.35.0 is now available

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 21, 2021 02:14
Subject:
perl 5.35.0 is now available
Message ID:
4d72c2ce-cec5-4606-ba43-e33a91a647ee@beta.fastmail.com
We should try to be the parents of our future rather than the offspring of our past.
    -- Miguel de Unamuno

We are ready to announce version 35.0, the first development release of version 35 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.35.0 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/RJBS/perl-5.35.0/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

28a71da0025c2dc8ece0f6f6540dcc4cffa49e7f  perl-5.35.0.tar.gz
b1392d48a50e2a6d988c1467df77bb2fec885c8c  perl-5.35.0.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/release/RJBS/perl-5.35.0/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.35.0 represents approximately 8 hours of wallclock time since Perl
5.34.0 and contains approximately 3,300 lines of changes across 40 files from 1
authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 64 lines of changes to 6 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  For a more complete list of all of Perl's
historical contributors, please see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source
distribution.

Special thanks go to Sawyer X, who released perl v5.34.0 earlier today after
four years of work managing the project.

We expect to release perl v5.35.1 on June 20th, 2021.

The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of 2022.

--
rjbs