Re: "platforms" and "support"

From:
hv
Date:
May 18, 2021 12:53
Re: "platforms" and "support"
Message ID:
202105181223.14ICNUP06192@crypt.org
I think this also needs to be clear what we mean by "works": it seems
to be common enough that a smoker has consistent hard or intermittent
test failures, and rare that someone notices those and creates a ticket
for them.

I suspect a bunch of those have been classified by someone as "not so
big a problem that it's worth putting a bunch of effort into", but
if so I don't think we have a way of recording such a fact.

I suspect that "works" is probably tier-dependent - and may even need
more tiers - such that only the highest tier would be "a release would
expect _no_ test failures except in exceptional circumstances".

Hugo