Re:=?utf-8?B?SW1wcm92aW5nIHA1cDogcmVzcGVjdCB5b3VyIHJlYWRlcnPigJkgdGltZQ==?=

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
May 10, 2021 01:17
Re:=?utf-8?B?SW1wcm92aW5nIHA1cDogcmVzcGVjdCB5b3VyIHJlYWRlcnPigJkgdGltZQ==?=
Message ID:
op.025kjegiydyjqt@xenbox.cihq
On Mon, 10 May 2021 02:05:34 +0200, Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Trim irrelevant parts of emails you're replying to.
>
> Does this mean deleting the part my mailer automatically generates?

Specifically deleting the parts of it you're not replying to. Only exception is if you think keeping the context helps the reader.

> Does this email I reply to have irrelevant parts?

Everything that doesn't support the message you're sending doesn't need to be there.

The linked email here is a good example of common email style here. :)

https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2021/05/msg260019.html

--
With regards,
Christian Walde