the Perl Documentation Team

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 8, 2021 23:03
Subject:
the Perl Documentation Team
Message ID:
5043d39f-3e55-4114-8663-8533e994242b@beta.fastmail.com
=for porters

Absolute ages ago, in Q4 of 2020, Jason McIntosh was proposing <http://markmail.org/message/bdlypy3fkqg4jngl> that we officially form a Perl documentation team.  This had a bit of behind-the-scenes activity, but was unfortunately often overshadowed by other goings-on.  Today, we're happy to say that this is a done deal:  the docs team is now a thing, Jason's going to continue working on it and, as you may already know, he's organizing a documentation audit <https://gist.github.com/jmacdotorg/f306d9b0d4eae1dba879cad9cb8d2ace> sponsored by Google's Season of Docs program.

The charter for the team is now in a pull request <https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18773>, which we'll merge after 5.35.0 opens, just to keep life simple.  Jason has been added to the Core Team (q.v. perlgov) in a pull request <https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18774> that may or may not get applied before 5.34.0 is released.

Neil, Nicholas, and I are all of the opinion that Perl's documentation needs improvement on a number of axes, and hope that this is a big step in making that happen.  I'm sure Jason's got plenty to keep him busy, but he should probably get ready to field some pretty-pleases from us in the not too distant future!

=cut

--
rjbs