Re: code freeze as we approach 5.34.0

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
May 4, 2021 14:19
Re: code freeze as we approach 5.34.0
Message ID:
20210504151902.5e6a94a2@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:00:39 -0400
"Ricardo Signes" <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> That means no module updates, no last minute bug fixes, and so on.
> If you find a new critical bug, though, report it and it can get
> reviewed as a blocker!
> Please don't merge anything else to blead without clearing it with
> Sawyer or, at least, some other committers.

I have a tiny docs fix about the `isa` operator here. It was pointed
out that the documentation doesn't quite agree with the implementation
in terms of precedence. The implementation and tests were all correct,
it just needed a small change in docs:

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18765

Do you think that might be permitted before 5.34? It would be useful
because if that's in the 5.34 release then we won't need to change
anything to de-experimentalise it.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans