MSVC 100 in use for CI

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 3, 2021 02:30
Subject:
MSVC 100 in use for CI
Message ID:
af91494f-0e9d-4361-9fcc-842bd60da42f@beta.fastmail.com
Recently, Karl hit me up on IRC and said, "Our automated testing with GitHub's CI on MSVC 100 is busted."  Someone (Tony?) said, "It's because the package manager provided is too old."

I said I'd be in touch with GitHub, which I'm happy to do, but fundamentally I don't know the first thing about the problem.  I believe it has something to do with Chocolatey.

Could someone please provide a clear explanation, especially if it includes "if you provide these details to GitHub, they may be able to fix things"?  I believe xenu said "the best solution might be to drop support for MSVC 100."  Maybe?  Look, I have no beef with Windows, but I haven't done any dev work on it in 15 years.  I'll need some input to make any progress on this oneā€¦

--
rjbs