develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2021

Steering Council meeting #018 2021-04-30

Thread Next
From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
May 1, 2021 22:45
Subject:
Steering Council meeting #018 2021-04-30
Message ID:
faec8a08-739d-4e90-b604-cdcd90b39a8c@Spark
PSC #018 2021-04-30

This was our first meeting since Nick was elected, so present: Rik, Nick, Neil

We discussed the list of civility moderators. These are listed in perlpolicy. Action Rik: drop Sawyer and Aaron (who decided to drop the role some time back) and add Nick and Neil.

Everything is still looking good for 5.34.0. We're expecting RC1 in a week or so. We decided that Data::Alias isn't a blocker, but XMATH and TONYC have continued working on it. We hope it can be fixed in time for 5.34.0. Action Neil: keep an eye on this.

Xenu (Tomasz ) has proposed that a -fwrapv issue (https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18739) be fixed for 5.34.0. We had a look, and decided, Action Neil: ask Leon, TonyC, and Nick to take a look. If two of them are happy, ok to merge for 5.34.0.

Rik will look into tidying up stale branches. If you've got some, expect some chasing!

A number of items on our todo list have been on the backburner, what with Perl 7, the civility stuff, and then TPF. We revisited the list and decided to kick some of them back into play.

Neil will start the discussion on improving things on p5p.

We had a chat about the idea-to-merge process. Nick will review what other languages do. Neil will send a reminder on our previous outline. Rik has a syntax proposal for 5.35, which we'll use to guinea pig this.

To start the discussion on future changes, Rik will start by working through the existing experiments on p5p, so we can decide what to do with them, one by one.

Nick, Rik, Neil

Thread Next


nntp.perl.org: Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at ask@perl.org | Group listing | About