code freeze as we approach 5.34.0

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
April 30, 2021 19:01
Subject:
code freeze as we approach 5.34.0
Message ID:
d2b2cac7-883e-4bfb-8fcd-6b381b4d39f0@beta.fastmail.com
Porters,

The next release of perl we expect to see is v5.34.0-RC1.  Great!

That means we're in full code freeze.  Nothing should be going into blead that isn't either part of the release process or addressing a blocker -- and right now, we only have one potential blocker: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18739

That means no module updates, no last minute bug fixes, and so on.  If you find a new critical bug, though, report it and it can get reviewed as a blocker!

I'm hoping we'll have some expert eyes on that in the next day or two.

I also have two PRs that I'd like to land almost immediately:

* some documentation updates around experiments: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18757
* update to the p5p moderator list: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18753

Please don't merge anything else to blead without clearing it with Sawyer or, at least, some other committers.

--
rjbs