Re: Thank you!

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
April 26, 2021 18:51
Re: Thank you!
Message ID:
20210426215121.3eb63be9@telaviv.shlomifish.org
Hi Dawson!

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 15:32:30 -0800
Dawson Hampton <dthampton@alaska.edu> wrote:

> Hello!  My name is Dawson, and I wanted to send this email as thanks for
> having such a well-documented programming language.  I was tasked with
> writing a report on a programming language for a final project in my CS 331
> class, and I chose Perl.  I largely used *Learning Perl*, Second Edition by
> Randal Schwartz and Tom Christiansen, but Perl.org was useful as well.  I
> was worried that I had chosen a difficult language, but I found so much
> material that the report was a breeze!

You're welcome.

Note that the 'LP' book is outdated. You can find more recommended resources
here:

* http://perl-tutorial.org/

* https://perl-begin.org/

* https://perl-begin.org/tutorials/bad-elements/

It's never too late to become better:
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/show.cgi?id=quora-learning-to-drum-at-65

Regards,

	Shlomi

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Taylor-Swift/

The KGB used to torture their victims by having them look at scrolling XSLT
code.
    — https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/XSLT/