Re: TPF Transparency Report

From:
L A Walsh
Date:
April 23, 2021 11:21
Re: TPF Transparency Report
Message ID:
6082AD08.2070806@tlinx.org
On 2021/04/22 17:28, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> If you are referring to perlpolicy.pod, that standard of conduct is
> only explicitly for perl5-porters and the perl5 github repository.
> Other organizations may have their own policies for forums over which they have some responsibility.

I wouldn't expect that unrelated organizations would be
publishing their police actions to p5p.  OTOH, are you
suggesting that, p5p and perl development is
independent of the Perl Foundation? Or that TPF
has nothing to do with p5p "discourse and culture"?

The initial posting said that TPF was going to be working
on the discourse and culture of p5p.  It sure seems to
me they are very much connected.

I wouldn't expect behavior enforcement policies to be that
far out of alignment.  Certainly you can see that such a
disparity in penalties and enforcement would be confusing
to people.

I would question why the TPF would be publishing its police
actions to this list if they were entirely separate.  I also
question why two different sets of policies would govern
this list and access to it.

Whether or not perlpolicy explicitly is for p5p and/or
p5p development, I'm not sure why the policies and actions
to deal with problems would not be substantially the same.