Re: Perl 5.33.9 is available

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
April 21, 2021 12:18
Re: Perl 5.33.9 is available
Message ID:
20210421141737.1751e7b6@pc09.procura.nl
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:56:39 -0400, "Ricardo Signes"
<perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2021, at 3:41 AM, Andreas Koenig wrote:
> > The release has been tagged with v5.33.9 but the tag is a
> > lightweight tag, not an annotated one. This is what the release
> > manager guide has to say about the tag:
> >
> > % grep 'git tag v' Porting/release_managers_guide.pod
> >     $ git tag v5.11.0 -m 'First release of the v5.11 series!'
>
> I'm not sure why we prefer an annotated tag, but consistency *is*
> nice.
>
> We can forcibly replace that tag with a new one.  Some remotes will
> still have the old one, unless they delete and re-fetch, but I'm
> inclined to think that there's no harm in doing this.
>
> Andreas?  Anybody else?

I see no added values in comments/annotations on release tags unless
they actually have to add value in the description. As with the above
example, it does not IMHO

--
H.Merijn Brand  https://tux.nl   Perl Monger   http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.33        porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux