Re: Perl 5.33.9 is available

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
April 21, 2021 07:41
Re: Perl 5.33.9 is available
Message ID:
87pmyom6el.fsf@k85.linux.bogus

  > We are pleased as punch to announce version 33.9,
  > the 9th development release of version 33 of Perl 5.

The release has been tagged with v5.33.9 but the tag is a lightweight
tag, not an annotated one. This is what the release manager guide has to
say about the tag:

% grep 'git tag v' Porting/release_managers_guide.pod
    $ git tag v5.11.0 -m 'First release of the v5.11 series!'

I suppose the -m option was not given during the tag command?

Thanks,
--
andreas