Perl 5.33.9 is available

From:
Todd Rinaldo
Date:
April 20, 2021 23:40
Subject:
Perl 5.33.9 is available
Message ID:
CAG8vyGG9y4TdFeMD-NCpvFJfLBJa15HPYXuCwyC1tGb3CJosEg@mail.gmail.com
Seven minutes ago... we, your forefathers, were brought forth upon a
most excellent adventure conceived by our new friends, Bill... and
Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition which
was true in my time, just as it's true today. Be excellent to each
other!

  -- Abraham Lincoln

We are pleased as punch to announce version 33.9,
the 9th development release of version 33 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.33.9 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/TODDR/perl-5.33.9

SHA1 digests for this release are:

2eeccc11217fa809b39e038af2a611d4c13078b6  perl-5.33.9.tar.gz
aa1c0945c58b161db2c0d9f74e16dff5feb44e20  perl-5.33.9.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/TODDR/perl-5.33.9/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.33.9 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.33.8 and contains approximately 3,900 lines of changes across 190
files from 23 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 780 lines of changes to 82 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.33.9:

Dan Book, Dominic Hamon, E. Choroba, Ed J, Felipe Gasper, H.Merijn
Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, James E Keenan, John Lightsey, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Marc Reisner, Max Maischein, Nicolas R.,
Paul Evans, Ricardo Signes, Richard Leach, Scott Baker, TAKAI Kousuke,
Todd Rinaldo, Tomasz Konojacki, Tony Cook, Михаил Козачков.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.34.0 on May 20, 2021.

Stay safe,
Todd Rinaldo