Re: TPF Transparency Report

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
April 20, 2021 22:17
Re: TPF Transparency Report
Message ID:
op.0155icn7ydyjqt@xenbox.cihq
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:54:03 +0200, Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

> As most of you are probably aware by now, yesterday the Community Affairs Team (CAT) of TPF issued a lifetime ban to Matt Trout:
>
>     https://news.perlfoundation.org/post/cat-transparency-repor-19-april-2021
>
> Today I talked to Stuart Mackintosh, the President of TPF, to share my concerns, both on the nature of the penalty, and the way it was done. Matt's behaviour does need addressing, but I don't think this was the right way. We had a good discussion, and have agreed to continue tomorrow, after he's had a chance to talk to others.
>
> Ricardo is a Board member of the TPF, so has recused himself from this issue. As you know, we are in the process of running a vote to fill the empty position on the PSC, so unfortunately I'm having to act alone on this.
>
> As Rik and I said last week, we want to start working on improving the discourse and culture of p5p. We believe that is the first step to improving things, but it needs to come from within.
>
> In the meantime, I ask that you bear with us, and think twice before commenting, either here or elsewhere. I hope to have an update soon.
>
> Neil

Thanks for getting involved in this, Neil. Your help is invaluable and by far the brightest light in this.

I do hope that priorities are set such that the accuracy of alleged behavior of Matt be drastically improved and aligned with reality rather quickly, given that a temporary offlining of the article (pending research) does not appear to be in the cards.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde