Re: TPF Transparency Report

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
April 20, 2021 22:11
Re: TPF Transparency Report
Message ID:
d32dd689-391b-1234-31b7-0284a972e294@darrenduncan.net
On 2021-04-20 2:16 p.m., Tomasz Konojacki wrote:
> It is interesting that this "transparency" report doesn't include any
> details. It doesn't say who was investigated, it doesn't say what they
> did, and it doesn't say how it was determined that they're guilty. Very
> transparent.

While on one hand I agree with you, on the other hand...

I feel that being coy on naming any individual is exactly the right action.

You see, actually naming someone publicly can easily constitute libel and have
much more serious consequences for both the named and the namer, as it can be
much more easily be found and traced by anyone.

The way it was done, while vague, also can avoid a legal response for libel etc.

The banned person can still publicly declare they are that person.

That being said, its not a statement from TPF themselves, but the first p5p
email in this thread does explicitly name Matt Trout, and that is public.

-- Darren Duncan