Re: TPF Transparency Report

From:
Tomasz Konojacki
Date:
April 20, 2021 21:16
Re: TPF Transparency Report
Message ID:
20210420231611.7D4B.5C4F47F8@xenu.pl
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:54:03 +0100
Neil Bowers <neilb@neilb.org> wrote:

> As most of you are probably aware by now, yesterday the Community Affairs Team (CAT) of TPF issued a lifetime ban to Matt Trout:
>
>     https://news.perlfoundation.org/post/cat-transparency-repor-19-april-2021
>
> Today I talked to Stuart Mackintosh, the President of TPF, to share my concerns, both on the nature of the penalty, and the way it was done. Matt's behaviour does need addressing, but I don't think this was the right way. We had a good discussion, and have agreed to continue tomorrow, after he's had a chance to talk to others.
>
> Ricardo is a Board member of the TPF, so has recused himself from this issue. As you know, we are in the process of running a vote to fill the empty position on the PSC, so unfortunately I'm having to act alone on this.
>
> As Rik and I said last week, we want to start working on improving the discourse and culture of p5p. We believe that is the first step to improving things, but it needs to come from within.
>
> In the meantime, I ask that you bear with us, and think twice before commenting, either here or elsewhere. I hope to have an update soon.
>
> Neil

Here's a copy of my comment from reddit[1]:

It is interesting that this "transparency" report doesn't include any
details. It doesn't say who was investigated, it doesn't say what they
did, and it doesn't say how it was determined that they're guilty. Very
transparent.

It's also interesting that they suddenly decided to investigate an
incident that happened two years ago. It almost seems like they didn't
find anything warranting a ban in the original accusation, so they
started digging.

[1] - There was a thread about this on reddit, but the author has
removed it for some reason:
https://www.reddit.com/r/perl/comments/mu8c78/community_affairs_team_transparency_report/