TPF Transparency Report

From:
Neil Bowers
Date:
April 20, 2021 20:54
Subject:
TPF Transparency Report
Message ID:
8b8cc280-5ef9-43c1-992b-2ee7d97faf62@Spark
As most of you are probably aware by now, yesterday the Community Affairs Team (CAT) of TPF issued a lifetime ban to Matt Trout:

    https://news.perlfoundation.org/post/cat-transparency-repor-19-april-2021

Today I talked to Stuart Mackintosh, the President of TPF, to share my concerns, both on the nature of the penalty, and the way it was done. Matt's behaviour does need addressing, but I don't think this was the right way. We had a good discussion, and have agreed to continue tomorrow, after he's had a chance to talk to others.

Ricardo is a Board member of the TPF, so has recused himself from this issue. As you know, we are in the process of running a vote to fill the empty position on the PSC, so unfortunately I'm having to act alone on this.

As Rik and I said last week, we want to start working on improving the discourse and culture of p5p. We believe that is the first step to improving things, but it needs to come from within.

In the meantime, I ask that you bear with us, and think twice before commenting, either here or elsewhere. I hope to have an update soon.

Neil