Re: on changing perl's behavior

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
April 9, 2021 09:32
Re: on changing perl's behavior
Message ID:
op.01kssmyvydyjqt@xenbox.cihq
On Thu, 08 Apr 2021 23:18:43 +0200, Todd Rinaldo <toddr@cpanel.net> wrote:

> I would argue (though it's hard to search for "format" in the issues list) that being able to close 50+ cases would be nice if we could just say: "Formats are removed. this issue is now irrelevant."

One more addendum here.

There's a way to make everyone happy.

Define `use 7;` and up as: "doesn't provide format-related things".

Define missing `use $v;` or one with $v < 7 as: "provides format-related things as they were pre-7".

That way we don't step on any toes of format users, and Leonerd can create new syntax using format-danglies in v7+.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde