Re: on changing perl's behavior

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
April 5, 2021 11:38
Re: on changing perl's behavior
Message ID:
20210405123839.0eb1e9b6@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 08:58:07 +0900
Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, why not use the following syntax
>
> use v5.26;
> use v5.28;
> use v5.30;
> use v5.32;
>
> 1. that don't include warnings program.

Good news - we have a PR in progress that will add `use warnings` to
those things.

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18666

> 2. The features introduced in the minor version are hard to
> understand. It feels like a feature that early adopters try.

Again good news - with the new influx of more exciting features already
in 5.3x (isa, try/catch), and a whole raft of new things I want to be
getting into a state where they're ready for a 7 (match/case, equ, in,
an object system), that means that

  use v7;

will be quite a bit more of a jump change up from 5, to the point that
it is a meaningful difference on the language.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans