Re: On the Decline of Perl [internal factors]

From:
L A Walsh
Date:
April 2, 2021 23:56
Re: On the Decline of Perl [internal factors]
Message ID:
6067AF01.6080401@tlinx.org
On 2021/03/28 17:45, Yuki Kimoto wrote:
> I also feel that Perl itself is stopped.
>
> For example, We can't add a function to core that we might use often.
---
    And how often are functions added to the libc or the
C++ standard?  Note -- when they are, they are added to
the equivalent of a _library_, not sitting in the core
compiler always taking memory -- all the time -- like
everything that is loaded as part of the interpreter.

    How about the last time a new keyword was added to
javascript?  Is it that frequent?