Re: Perl 7: Fix string leaks?

From:
B. Estrade
Date:
April 1, 2021 16:18
Re: Perl 7: Fix string leaks?
Message ID:
0f79d2f2-5538-03c0-fab5-1155dc1051e0@cpanel.net

On 4/1/21 11:01 AM, Leon Timmermans wrote:

>>> I would love to take an approach like this, but I think it would create too many warnings in code that currently “happens” to work consistently.
>>
>> You can make it warn just the first time it happens globally, of just
>> the first time if happens at some call point.
>
> That would just create a lot of warnings for people who can't do much
> about it as the vast majority of users can't do XS.

Considering this is tantamount to "recompiling the [module] kernel",
yeah. Maybe something of an XS linter tool or special class of defines
available via a Makefile.PL.debug that can be put int ./xt if one were
to init an XS module using h2xs? Idk, just thinking in the area of XS
development toolchain.

Brett