Re: on changing perl's behavior

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
March 30, 2021 07:55
Re: on changing perl's behavior
Message ID:
op.0015lmifydyjqt@xenbox.cihq
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 05:07:37 +0200, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> This one I think I can only state as a trade-off per se:  Spending time on maintaining long-discouraged >behaviors is good only to the extent that they can't be deprecated and removed instead.  How do we know >whether we can deprecate and remove some behavior?  Well, that's largely a function of all of the above.
Have more reading and thinking to do, but:

As far as i am informed this one is a red herring.

To my knowledge both DaveM and LeoNerd have opined that deprecating old behaviors gains little to none for the code Perl actually has at the moment.

I recommend double-checking with them on that point.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde