Re: PSC #012 2012-03-26

From:
Philip R Brenan
Date:
March 26, 2021 22:27
Re: PSC #012 2012-03-26
Message ID:
CALhwFRnKEuWZzjTUHO31B=UiGOFLPpnf3CrZJoU4c21+d9wMhg@mail.gmail.com
On *0d*: different people do indeed have different needs and so we cannot
tell a priori which is the correct implementation. There is always more
than one way to do it.   A possible solution is to make Perl totally
pluggable so that a common base can support many variants (like gcc for
example) allowing each person to customize the language to their own exact
specific needs.  We keep trying (eg trim()) to decide the right color for
the bike roof shed to bring the users back -  just like the cargo cults
that built model runways and aircraft control towers on Pacific islands in
the vain  hope of bringing back the war time USAAF and all its wealth
back.  Rearranging the deck chairs or picking one color over another is not
going to do it.  I say that we need to fully empower users so that they
have a pluggable, extensible, reusable language which fits their exacting
needs in a way that no other language can.   Power to the people!

--
Thanks,

Phil <https://metacpan.org/author/PRBRENAN>

Philip R Brenan <https://metacpan.org/author/PRBRENAN>