Re: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
March 26, 2021 04:11
Re: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl
Message ID:
82f44f0e-a7a5-d0c9-8378-f1c673a030b7@darrenduncan.net
On 2021-03-25 2:57 p.m., Dave Rolsky wrote:
> I believe the reason the discussion started is simply that the Apache Software
> Foundation has someone (or a committee?) who makes sure that projects aren't
> dead. If they are dead they have a process to move them to what they call the
> "Attic". My interpretation of ASF policy is that totally stable project with no
> active development would be moved to the Attic.

This raises the question, if mod_perl is "stable", and it is moved to the Attic,
then do ongoing developments of Httpd etc continue to get tested with things in
the Attic to ensure say some Httpd update doesn't break compatibility with an
Attic mod_perl?  A stable mod_perl in Attic is fine as long as updates to Httpd
or Perl etc don't break it, or a security problem isn't discovered. -- Darren Duncan