Re: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl

From:
B. Estrade
Date:
March 25, 2021 07:34
Re: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl
Message ID:
1fce4654-1442-ee48-84fa-c64493454570@cpanel.net
The discussion on the ASF list for mod_perl indicates that it is
mod_perl, not mod_perl2; since they differentiate between by seeing the
subject of adjacent threads. So idk.

What's interesting is that it seems like the conversation on EOL'ing
mod_perl is limited to this month, and it seems more like a "what if"
thrown out for an unknown reason. I can't find anything "official"
sounding. It's also kind of dumb to EOL a stable and well used piece of
software that requires very little maintenance, save tracking Apache httpd.

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/

The only other active lists other than mod_perl@ are the CVS lists,
which shows maintenance activity late into 2020.

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/

Is p5p and mod_perl@ the only places where the specter of the EOL of
mod_perl has even been raised? Google seems to think so.

If any good has come out of it, the mod_perl list seems to be more
active than it has been in a very long time :)

Brett