Should `use v5.34` enable warnings?

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
March 22, 2021 15:49
Subject:
Should `use v5.34` enable warnings?
Message ID:
20210322154854.2250a287@shy.leonerd.org.uk
There is much talk afoot of resurrecting various forms of the "Perl 7"
plan, including default warnings.

The question has been asked before [1] and was rejected at the time
because it felt like an overly-big change that was unrequested by users.

Again, in the face of the proposal of "we're thinking of changing the
baked-in defaults even without being requested", I really think this
change warrants another look.

I could write a PR for this to make

  use v5.34;

turn on warnings by default, and raise it as a possible question of
whether we should consider it.

[1]: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/17162

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans