Re: Devel::NYTProf on blead [issue 18215]

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
March 21, 2021 23:26
Re: Devel::NYTProf on blead [issue 18215]
Message ID:
e17f329b-b30d-48c4-9f0f-c2442ba46571@dogfood.fastmail.com
On Sun, Mar 21, 2021, at 6:38 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> A dumb fix like that is easy to do, but not very scalable. It's going
> to break again as soon as someone adds «use warnings;» to Exporter,
> and then we're left with three pieces.

Agreed.  I don't suggest that we can do this and dust off our hands and say, "Well, that's another year of NYTProf sorted!" with no further work.

I think as Jim says, what we really need is to solve the issue of its ongoing maintenance.  For now, though, I'd feel good about knowing that this breakage is about test expectations, address those, and have the distribution in an installable state for 5.34.0.  That gives us more time to think about the larger-scale maintenance.  As you say, that part of the problem is not trivial.

--
rjbs