Devel::NYTProf on blead [issue 18215]

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
March 21, 2021 18:36
Devel::NYTProf on blead [issue 18215]
Message ID:
52ba56d5-5401-4edf-b4cc-c174fb2dda7a@dogfood.fastmail.com
This morning I installed 5.33.8, followed by Task-BeLike-RJBS <https://metacpan.org/release/Task-BeLike-RJBS>, my usual "does it work?" test.  This reminded me that Devel::NYTProf is currently failing on blead.
 * Perl issue: https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/18215
 * devel-nytprof issue: https://github.com/timbunce/devel-nytprof/issues/143
The problem *appears* to be that due to changes in Exporter (related to "make everything in core use strict"), some of the  tests' very specific expectations are no longer met.  Tim Bunce, author of NYTProf, has said we should not expect him to provide a solo fix.  Devel::NYTProf is not a library we'd like broken when we ship v5.34.0, though!

Is there anyone who could volunteer to undertake fixing this?  It's plausible that a fix to simply have two sets of expectations, one pre-strict and one post-strict, is reasonable.  We can't really decide that, though, until somebody investigates the specific causes of this breakage.

--
rjbs