Re: Fwd: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
March 19, 2021 14:55
Re: Fwd: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl
Message ID:
58f3ca0d-ce16-4b70-9a54-780b6d18f5c1@dogfood.fastmail.com
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021, at 6:14 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
> The Perl 5 Porters are responsible for maintaining and advancing the
> Perl 5 core distribution.  mod_perl does not ship with the core
> distribution.  It's maintained upstream on CPAN.  It's README is located
> here: https://metacpan.org/source/SHAY/mod_perl-2.0.11/README

…nonetheless, p5p is a good bet for a place that could contain many people who are both interested and capable of helping take over maintainership of mod_perl, which has long been an important vehicle for getting perl code deployed.  Although I don't want perl5-porters to be general-perl-announce, this seems like a good exception.

--
rjbs