Re: Fwd: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
March 17, 2021 22:14
Re: Fwd: [DISCUSS] The future of mod_perl
Message ID:
746062d0-2c7c-a4ce-cc25-b38a58602a2f@pobox.com
On 3/17/21 4:41 PM, André Warnier (tomcat/perl) wrote:
> Just received.
> Is this a wake-up call ?
>
> I am just a (enthousiastic but old) *user* of perl and mod_perl, and in
> no way technically capable of contributing to a project like this.
> But I feel that "losing" (*) mod_perl would be a major blow to perl in
> general.
>
> (*) If this is really what the email below is hinting at, and if I'm not
> over-dramatising things.

The Perl 5 Porters are responsible for maintaining and advancing the
Perl 5 core distribution.  mod_perl does not ship with the core
distribution.  It's maintained upstream on CPAN.  It's README is located
here: https://metacpan.org/source/SHAY/mod_perl-2.0.11/README

 From that README I cite:

#####
*** Support ***

For comments, questions, bug-reports, etc., join the mod_perl users
list by sending mail to modperl-subscribe@perl.apache.org.

When reporting bugs please follow the instructions at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

For announcements join the mod_perl announce list by sending mail to
announce-subscribe@perl.apache.org.

*** Developers ***

Development discussion takes place on dev (at) perl.apache.org
#####

So it would probably be best to first pursue discussion at those locations.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan