Re: Perl feature wish: quote-word array-ref operator

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
March 9, 2021 12:24
Re: Perl feature wish: quote-word array-ref operator
Message ID:
20210309122402.5f70f50b@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 08:48:25 +0000
Neil Bowers via perl5-porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:

> It would be handy to have a "quote word arrayref operator" in Perl,
> that combines [] with qw.
> The proposed syntax doesn't currently compile, so maybe this could
> just be added to the language, without an experimental or feature
> guard? Because there's already qwa// on CPAN (see below), I'm
> suggesting qa//.

That sounds an exciting idea.

It's also one that would be quite easy for someone to add, largely by
following my "How to write a Perl core feature" blog series:

  https://leonerds-code.blogspot.com/2021/02/writing-perl-core-feature.html

Rather than having a go at it myself, I'd be happy to help someone else
along with it, by way of a mentoring/educational exercise, and as a
good test run of that blog series to see if it's sufficient for such a
purpose.

Does anyone feel like attempting that?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans