Re: Perl feature wish: quote-word array-ref operator

From:
Neil Bowers via perl5-porters
Date:
March 6, 2021 23:04
Re: Perl feature wish: quote-word array-ref operator
Message ID:
094b6e45-640e-4322-8e2a-69ebf3f11e59@Spark
> Implementation-wise that wouldn't be too hard to add. Though I'd have
> one concern about deparse. Namely, what would you expect to see from:
>
> $ perl -MO=Deparse -ce '$x = [qw[ one two ]]; $y = qa[ three four ]'

I would *like* it to deparse to the qa[] notation where that makes sense, e.g. for both $a and $b above.
Though perhaps not while it’s feature-guarded.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if in fact it deparsed to the example you gave :-)