Re: undoing of auto-deref removal

From:
Veesh Goldman
Date:
February 28, 2021 08:18
Re: undoing of auto-deref removal
Message ID:
CAO-W_8DOKF+Vq4Xb09hAd6oUZpJEPmDc7XffGDAB0xBNUC815g@mail.gmail.com
I don't see how you came to this conclusion.

Very simply, you are requesting a misfeatures. If you are writing a sub,
now you have to be defensive and check that the array-like thing that was
passed in isn't an object. You literally only gain bugs by subtly
disallowing Mojo::Collection objects to be passed in even though they are
INTENDED to be used as an array.

Your arguments about objects being opaque is also misled. Objects ARE
opaque, and therefore if they tell you that they can be used as an array,
it shouldn't matter if its blessed or not. The overloading IS part of its
interface.