PSC#007 2021-02-12

From:
Neil Bowers via perl5-porters
Date:
February 15, 2021 14:28
Subject:
PSC#007 2021-02-12
Message ID:
734a9fe0-53bc-417c-b0ce-748c8f310f20@Spark
PSC #007 2021-02-12
Present: Rik, Sawyer, Neil

Catch-up on rt.cpan.org: we've had an initial quote from BP. A team has been looking at setting up a server as well. Rik will follow up with the latter, and discuss the former at a TPF meeting.

Short discussion on "the future of commit bits": Rik will update the outline previously emailed to p5p and mail it out, including a section on "how does someone get a commit bit?"

Neil had updated the doc on "how ideas for changes to Perl get to a merge", which we have all reviewed. Agreed some minor tweaks and then Neil to mail it to p5p.

Following our discussion last week on "supported OSes", Rik added comments to the issue which prompted our discussion in the first place. Rik to roll together the comments on the issue and send a summary to p5p.

The main topic was Perl 7. Sawyer summarised the original idea, and we talked about various aspects, concerns, and approaches. Homework before next week's discussion: what are the goals, alternatives, and issues?

Neil