From:
Christian Walde
Date:
February 15, 2021 12:38
op.0yuv2uptydyjqt@xenwide.vpn.udag.de
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 13:27:50 +0100, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 01:24:16PM +0100, Christian Walde wrote:

>> > In all my years hacking on the regex engine I never once noticed. Thanks.
>>

>> It is entirely unacceptable for you to insult me as you did here.
>
> One: back off
> Two: you actually started this path - your comment the he quotes is equal
>      to yours, and if you continue you'll be getting a code of conduct
>      warning.

I understand this:

> your comment the he quotes is equal to yours

to mean:

"your first comment was sarcastic"

And while i am not trying to get into a fight here, if that is what you intend it to mean, then you are wrong and making unfounded claims about me, and i hope you will understand why i write this response:

My comment was in no way sarcasm of any sort and 100% and entirely meant and written as a good faith and well intended reminder because his perspective appeared to be entirely informed by implementation details.

If demerphq also mistakenly interpreted it as sarcasm, then i can understand why he responded the way he did and will take no further offense.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde