Re: De-experimentalising "signatures"

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 15, 2021 12:35
Re: De-experimentalising "signatures"
Message ID:
20210215123509.GJ11043@iabyn.com
On Sun, Feb 07, 2021 at 04:54:48PM +0000, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans wrote:
> I know Dave M has plans to add lots more things (type assertions,
> generic query syntax, named variables, etc...) and I'm excited about
> and definitely want to see many of those things. But I don't know of
> any firm reason why signatures in their current form need to be marked
> "experimental" to do so.

I have pushed for keeping them experimental because I want to change
things so that @_ isn't populated in signatured subs (or more precisely @_
isn't localised and is still the @_ of the caller), and that breaks
backwards compatibility. It's also dependent on other new signature
features being added which do away with needing access to @_.

But I'm not currently in a good enough head space to commit to working on
signatures. I'm finding it difficult even to keep up with p5p emails, let
alone do any new work.

--
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it
happens.