From:
Christian Walde
Date:
February 15, 2021 11:52
op.0yutxrfnydyjqt@xenwide.vpn.udag.de
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 11:43:46 +0100, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 10:30, Christian Walde <walde.christian@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I didnt see any explanation that I found convincing, sorry.
>>
>> Don't just say found them unconvincing but actually refer to them and explain why they're unconvincing, otherwise it would be equally perfectly fine for me to say now that you are unconvincing as well, and then we're in a deadlock because neither is an argument, but a refusal to engage with arguments.
>
> I didnt see anything that looked like a proper rebuttal of my points.
> If you feel there is a particular post I should refer to please let me
> know its message id.

I may respond more in length later, but i must point out that this is incredibly rude from you.

You made points months ago and you got good faith replies to them.

Now you roll in, months later, with long posts that entirely ignore those previously made posts, and in fact actively refuse to acknowledge them, but demand you be acknowledged.

Polite and decent behavior would be for you to actually reply to the replies you got back then.

Also, as a small early meta reply:

Your perspective on this matter appears to be entirely about implementation categorization and what metaphysical issues there might be with that.

I don't see you demonstrate in any way how a problem is created for the average user of Perl, meanwhile all of your solutions create problems for the average user of perl that mean they'll rather just copypaste another trim.

Remember: "Easy things should be easy and hard things should be possible."

Think about this in terms of user stories.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde