From:
Christian Walde
Date:
February 15, 2021 09:30
op.0yunc3coydyjqt@xenwide.vpn.udag.de
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 09:19:23 +0100, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 11:35, Christian Walde <walde.christian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I already explained elsewhere in this thread why Yves' concerns do not apply to trim specifically
>
> I didnt see any explanation that I found convincing, sorry.

Don't just say found them unconvincing but actually refer to them and explain why they're unconvincing, otherwise it would be equally perfectly fine for me to say now that you are unconvincing as well, and then we're in a deadlock because neither is an argument, but a refusal to engage with arguments.

> Given a quick survey on this point the simplest solution is for us to
> agree what built in namespace this should live in and move on.

What survey?

> As long as you or anyone else's argument that it should be added to
> the *language* as a keyword, I will object strenuously, and so will
> others.

That's a robust (dare i say combative) statement of intention, but not an argument.

> [...]

Please explain simply why trim must be treated differently from say.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde