From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
February 10, 2021 18:38
20210210183816.4fc24221@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:22:50 +0100
Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's more like the functions in List::Util, which we never cored.
> In particular I would not
> understand a policy that includes trim but doesn't include much of
> Scalar::Util.

Almost certainly sure the answer is "because nobody got around to it".

I'll have a look into it once I've finished `try/catch`.

I suspect at minimum we'd want all of:

  (Scalar::Util::)blessed
                  refaddr
                  reftype
                  weaken
                  unweaken
                  isweak

I'm less convinced about the dualvar stuff, and honestly anything else
documented under its "OTHER FUNCTIONS" heading.

As to the list things, I'm also intending to have some optree-shaped
stuff that can do

  List::Util::any
              all
              none
              notall
              first
              reduce

Maybe also

  List::Util::head
              tail

and further down the list things start to get a bit less exciting.

But overall - yes, it'd be nice to get more of those
{Scalar,List}::Util things into core as well. It just needs someone to
do it. Why it hasn't been done is much like why nobody's added
try/catch until now - nobody asked.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans