Re: De-experimentalising "signatures"

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
February 7, 2021 18:20
Re: De-experimentalising "signatures"
Message ID:
20210207182006.1b0848d2@shy.leonerd.org.uk
On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 12:24:08 -0500
Felipe Gasper <felipe@felipegasper.com> wrote:

> FYI, cPanel decided sometime back that signatures are acceptable; I
> think most of us now use them as a matter of daily course.

Indeed - I think this is the case now. Folks are massively either

  a) avoiding signatures because "experimental" - and will continue to
     do so until they become not so, or

  b) using signatures anyway as if they were real first-class syntax

Either way, the continued presence of the "experimental" tag isn't
really helping anyone. Not users, not porters, not the image of the
language as a thing that is moving forward.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans