Progress on try/catch

From:
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans
Date:
February 4, 2021 15:42
Subject:
Progress on try/catch
Message ID:
20210204154200.394d3027@shy.leonerd.org.uk
With PR18505 now merged, this is partway finished.

  https://github.com/Perl/perl5/pull/18505

I don't want to close the issue yet, because much work still needs to
be done.

  * `B::Deparse` does not yet support the new syntax - this really must
    be done before a final release

  * Some of the internals could do with tidying and neatening up -
    until this is done I don't want to work on `B::Deparse` though as it
    will affect the opcode shape

However, the Perl-user visible syntax should now be stable, so as of
the next point release (5.33.8) folks should be able to start playing
with this under the feature guard `use feature 'try';`.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans