Perl Steering Council #005 2021-01-29

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
February 1, 2021 14:46
Subject:
Perl Steering Council #005 2021-01-29
Message ID:
3ee9c7fb-7ced-4226-a098-1f645da177bf@www.fastmail.com
(Oops, I meant to send this on Saturday!)

On Friday morning (my time), Neil, Sawyer, and I had a call.

As I mentioned in my last email, about rt.cpan.org, most of our time on Friday was spent on that topic.  We also spoke briefly about the ongoing problems with perl dot com, mostly to affirm that everybody who needed to be doing anything was already doing it, and no more cooks were needed in that particular kitchen.

The rest of our time was largely spent on on ongoing topic we've had, which is "how you get from an idea to a merged branch in blead."  This is the thing that covers Cor, try/catch, and so on.  It's also tied in with Perl 7 discussions, insofar as that includes changes to "how do experimental features work."  We didn't make a lot of progress on that, though, as we'd already been on the call for 90m or so.  Neil has produced copious notes on the topic, which we'll be using as the starting point for our next call, which will be entirely about this topic… unless something wild comes up in the interim. 😐

Finally, I owe everybody an update on the code review thread, which I hope to do in a day or two.

--
rjbs