develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2021

Re: rt.cpan.org next steps

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 30, 2021 15:26
Re: rt.cpan.org next steps
Message ID:
9b26cf5d-9ba6-4b08-880f-2956cd10b941@beta.fastmail.com
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021, at 11:10 PM, Christian Walde wrote:
>> In its current form, rt.cpan.org is not sustainable.  It needs to be ported, upgraded, and have its tires kicked.
> Is there any chance of giving a description of at least some of the exact obstacles that raise it to the level of "unsustainable", in practical terms?

I don't want to get into a debate over what "sustainable" means, but in brief:  its hosting is going away.  It's running in a container configured in ways not trivial to 'just reproduce."  It's also running a very old version of RT (and other software) that aren't trivially updated.  The central point here is "just keep the existing instance running untouched" is not an option on the table, so we are looking at other ones.

--
rjbs