develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2021

Re: MinGW builds broken

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
January 25, 2021 13:23
Re: MinGW builds broken
Message ID:
CADED=K7NDBXsWWiP0Ycq3dDsKRcy34cmbtqau2Tf+T58+hMnzQ@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 at 18:03, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In testing a patch with a variety of builds today I've found that blead currently doesn't build with my mingw.org x86 compilers v3.4.5 or v4.8.1. They both fail in Time::HiRes because of struct timespec not being known.
>
> They need the same magic as daacfc6568, but I'm fuzzy on the details of how to identify a particular version of MinGW gcc and/or its various headers and runtime components.
>
> The MinGW-w64 version of gcc v4.5.3 that I have works fine, so the required test would need to be carefully tailored to pick out just old mingw.org versions. Or else we could consider dropping support for them and say only the MinGW-w64 versions are now supported, especially since MinGW/gcc v5.3.0 and v6.3.0 (the latest one that I have) both have a different problem occurring earlier in the build regarding mkstemp being redefined.
>
> Does anyone know how to identify these problematic mingw.org compilers, or have any views on dropping support for them?

I've just fixed the Time::HiRes build problem for my mingw.org
compilers 3.4.5-4.8.1 (using mingw runtimes < 5.0) in commit
43b3b04375.

I will look at the mkstemp() build problem for later mingw.org
compilers (using mingw runtimes >= 5.0) soon.