develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2021

Re: Perl 5.34.0 *will be released* in May

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
January 25, 2021 02:05
Re: Perl 5.34.0 *will be released* in May
Message ID:
69741dd8-a701-4001-99f8-794c19750a38@beta.fastmail.com
On Sun, Jan 24, 2021, at 6:42 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
> On 2021-01-24 3:51 a.m., Sawyer X wrote:
> > While Perl 7 is still on the docket for the Perl Steering Council (PSC), Perl
> > 5.34 will definitely be released and made available on May 20th[1].
>
> As far as I'm concerned, the priority feature for 5.34 should be setting things
> up at the front end to smooth the transition to Perl 7 that follows it.

My take: I don't think the specifics of any possible Perl 7 release are sufficiently set in stone that this could be a non-contentious action before Feb 20.

--
rjbs