develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2021

Re: Perl 5.34.0 *will be released* in May

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
January 24, 2021 20:13
Re: Perl 5.34.0 *will be released* in May
Message ID:
5d051098-bc9b-6b32-0440-1ee3ba839751@gmail.com

On 1/24/21 8:35 PM, Karl Williamson wrote:
> On 1/24/21 4:51 AM, Sawyer X wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> While Perl 7 is still on the docket for the Perl Steering Council
>> (PSC), Perl 5.34 will definitely be released and made available on
>> May 20th[1].
>>

>> I just want to make sure everyone is aware of it and have no doubts
>> on it.
>>

>> Sawyer.
>>

>> [1] Pending successful RC testing.
>>

> We don't have published freeze dates

That's a good point. I've added those notes to the
Porters/release_schedule.pod file.

I'll reply to my original email with another one on the freeze dates,
starting from the next release.